Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Viable Paradise, sudden realisation

Not a new diary post, but an insight! I've fussed on and off about what makes an applicant acceptable to Viable Paradise, and I think I've figured it out, fueled by two glasses of ginger wine (mmmm, ginger).
A successful VP applicant is in the top 10% of the slushpile. While unproven, this theory fits well enough to leave my mind at ease.

In other news, I'm just able to type again, after bunging up my hand making four batches of shortbread (double batch of plain Scots shortbread, one cheese and one chocolate). Apparently the tendons in the hand don't like doing that all in one night. But I prefer to blame my calculator at work, which requires the buttons to be pushed by the eraser-end of a pencil, and even then the 4 and the 0 don't always work. And having to get the Visa statement done before leaving for Christmas.
Merry Christmas to all, and Happy Boxing Day to those who observe it, whether by shopping or by giving gift-boxes to the tradesmen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ten percent is being generous to the slushpile -- you could make a reasonably good case for 7.5%, and at a stretch argue for 5% -- but you're essentially correct.

TNH

batgirl said...

Thank you! I don't think I could ask for a more authoritative tweaking of my theory.
*does happy dance marking first comment published on infant blog*