Wednesday, July 6, 2011

happy thoughts

Because I am grumpy and achey and the deer ate the new little branch my cherry tree had grown, here are some pictures of cheerful things.


The first fresh pie of this year: rhubarb from our garden, and strawberries from a winery / berry farm up-island. There weren't quite enough strawberries for a second (frozen) pie, so I filled it in with brandy-soaked raisins that happened to be in the pantry. I have no idea how a rhubarb-strawberry-brandied-raisin pie will turn out, but I will report whenever we get around to it.
Is it just my frame of mind, or is there a goofily distressed face in this pie?


Dining al fresco in the back yard: a light salad, a jug of wine, and thou beside me. Not singing, though.


From the Vancouver trip a few weekends back. This is in one of the little ferries that go back and forth from Granville Island, Vanier Park, Science World, etc. Nostalgia time, as I used to take very-small-Chris on them when we attended the Children's Festival, usually with a firm handhold on the back of his shirt as he looked out the entry.
Now he is grown-up-Chris, and that's Shannon on the other side, and Mark taking the picture. We entertained ourself by seeing who could spot the silliest boat name as we rode by.

2 comments:

Terri-Lynne said...

I'm sorry you were feeling grumpy and achey. I hope this note finds you in better spirits. :)

batgirl said...

Oh, much better, thank you! I felt a bit guilty being down without cause, so this was a reminder to Cheer up! as Mark likes to say.